The purpose of the Athletes Council is to ensure that the voice and the intentions of Canadian Ball Hockey Players are represented in the strategic and operational initiatives and are considered when determining the direction of the Canadian Ball Hockey Association (CBHA).
The primary purpose performed by the Council is providing feedback to the Board on a range of matters, which may include but is not limited to:
· National Teams selection and evaluation process feedback
· Ensuring the perspective of athletes is heard in Board- and committee-related matters
· Engaging and representing the best interest of the Athlete membership
· Branding, sponsorship, and promotional activities of CBHA
· Participating in a timely manner in the decision-making of CBHA affairs by providing an athlete perspective
· Performing such additional duties as may be asked of the Council by the Board.
· The Chair of the Athlete’s Council will be the Growth and Development Director on the CBHA Board who will provide feedback from this group.
· Players may be asked to participate and attend the CBHA board meetings and or AGM to provide feedback.
The Committee will propose ideas and suggestions to the Growth and Development Director who will communicate this to the Board. The Board may approve the recommendation, revise, or send it back for further investigation.
The Committee will be composed of a player’s from within the CBHA membership across the country. To ensure diverse representation, the Committee will consider but is not bound by the following criteria:
· Representation of each event group (Masters, Men’s, Women’s, Minor’s)
· A blend of active and recently retired athletes
· Gender diversity
· Regional representation
· Experience representing Canada
Individuals appointed by the Board shall possess appropriate expertise or experience in the areas of the Committee’s responsibility and to the extent possible, reflect the diverse nature of CBHA’s membership including language, gender, geographic location, and ethnicity.
Members shall be appointed to the Committee by the Board within 30 days after each annual meeting. Committee member terms shall be one year, with a maximum of three reappointments, except when the Board deems it appropriate to extend beyond the reappointment terms. Should a vacancy occur on the Committee, for whatever reason, the Board may appoint a qualified person to fill that vacancy for the remainder of the vacant position’s term. The Board may remove any member of the Committee at any given time should there be a valid reason approved by the CBHA President.
The Committee will meet online, by telephone, teleconference or in person, as required. Meetings will be as called by the Growth and Development Director with a minimum of four meetings per year.
The Council and its Chair will receive direction from the Board. The Growth and Development Director will provide at minimum quarterly reports to the Board. The Committee will maintain minutes of its meeting and will make those minutes available to Committee members and the Board. The Chair will report to Members at the Annual Meeting, in the form of a written report.
These Terms of Reference were approved by the Board on Jan 1, 2023. The Board will review these Terms of Reference annually in accordance with committee duration policies.
This will be an “Appointed” position. Any travel and supply/material costs required for the position will be covered by the CBHA. The successful individuals must be willing to work independently from their own home-based office.
All resumes must be submitted via e-mail to:
Justin D’Entremont CBHA Growth and Development Director at: email@example.com
If you have any questions regarding the Players Council please contact Tim McKenzie, CBHA President directly at firstname.lastname@example.org All applicants will receive a communication acknowledging receipt of their application. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by telephone to arrange a date and time. Thank you for your interest in the CBHA Athletes Council.